Justin Bieber’s much-anticipated “Comedy Central Roast,” finally aired Monday night. And lets just say nothing was held back, as an amount of selected celebrities took shots at Biebs from his singing career, his confrontation with the law, to his former girlfriend Selena Gomez.
The list of celebrities that took turns poking at Biebs included comedians Natasha Leggier, Jeff Ross and Hannibal Buress, “Undateable” star Chris D’Elia, “Saturday Night Live” Pete Davidson, basketball legend Shaquille O’Neal, rappers Ludicrous and Snoop Dogg, lifestyle guru Martha Stewart and the host of the night comedian/actor Kevin Hart.
In case you missed it, here are some of my favorite jokes of the night:
- “Ebola patients hear about ‘Bieber fever’ and say, ‘I’m gonna go ahead and ride this one out,'”—Kevin Hart
- “Justin, I’m sure it’s great to have 60 million followers on Twitter, but the only place people will be following you in jail is into the shower,”—Martha Stewart
- “You have it all … Except love, friends, good parents, and a Grammy,”—Chris D’Elia
- “Is it true you dumped [Selena Gomez] because she grew a mustache before you?”—Jeffrey Ross
- “Justin’s fan are called beliebers because it’s politically incorrect to use the word retards,”—Natasha Legerro
- “What do you get when you give a teenager $200 million? A bunch of has-beens calling you a lesbian for two hours,”—Justin Bieber
There’s no doubt that it was all fun and games and Bieber was definitely a great sport. The roast almost seemed as a reality check for the young celeb as he promised to change as he said, “I turned a lot of people off the past few years, but I know I can still turn out good music and turn everything around,” he then added, “You have my word I will not end up broken, pathetic, bitter or sitting on the day of somebody else’s roast.”
Closing the show by apologizing for his past behavior, he added that he is “looking forward to being someone that you guys can all look at and be proud of.”